PIONEERING SPIRIT AND GROWTH
The roots of the Euroglas company reach back to the beginning of the 20th century: Johann Friedrich Troesch founded the company Glas Troesch in 1905, in the Swiss town of Buetzberg. Thanks to the courageous and foresighted dealings of four generations of entrepreneurs, the company has developed from a small local business into the globally active company it is today.
FROM GLASS PROCESSING TO GLASS PRODUCTION
The stated goal of Heinz Troesch at the end of the 1980s was to establish his own factory for basis glass materials. He entrusted the project to his son Erich, the fourth genera-tion of the Glas Troesch family. Thanks to his entrepreneurial
courage and will to succeed, he managed in 1995 to break into the market controlled by Europe’s glass oligopoly. In that year, the factory in Hombourg, France, already manufactured 580 tonnes of glass each day. Building on the
success of this facility in Alsace, Troesch quickly established a second production plant in 1997 in in Haldensleben, (Germany). Another two factories followed in 2006 and 2009 , with the successful launching of operations in Osterweddingen, (Germany) und Ujazd (Poland). The four facilities now produce over 3,000 tonnes of glass per day.
Together with its strong partners, this medium-sized company has managed to establish a glass manufacturing
business which is independent of Europe’s major glass corporations.