PIONEERING SPIRIT AND GROWTH
The origins of Euroglas reach back to the beginning of the 20th century: Johann Friedrich Trösch laid the foundation for Glas Trösch in the Swiss town of Bützberg in 1905. The courageous and forward-thinking actions of four generations of entrepreneurs led to the company developing from a small workshop to a globally active company.
FROM GLASS PROCESSING TO GLASS PRODUCTION
At the end of the 1980s, Heinz Trösch declared it a corporate objective to establish in-house, basic glass production facilities. He entrusted his son Erich with the project and thus handed down Glas Trösch to the fourth generation within the family.
Corporate courage and the will to succeed made it possible to break down Europe's glass oligopoly in 1995. As of 1995 the plant in the French town of Hombourg has been producing 580 metric tons of glass each day. Following the success with the plant in Alsace, Trösch wasted no time and inaugurated a second plant in Haldensleben, Saxony-Anhalt (Germany), in 1997. 2006 and 2009 saw two further, successfully completed plant inaugurations in Osterweddingen, Germany, and Ujazd, Poland. These four plant produce over 3,000 metric tons of glass each day.
Together with strong partners, a medium-sized company has managed to set up glass plants in Europe that are independent from large glass companies.