Light transmitting special glass with mirror effect
The particular application dictates whether you choose beamsplitter glass with 70% light transmission and 30% reflection, or our 50% option. Every single variant of the beamsplitter glass has an optical thin-film coating on one side that reflects and transmits light waves that fall upon it at a specific ratio. Choose from monolithic glass, laminated glass or toughened/tempered glass as the core material. To prevent ghosting, it is possible to have a single-sided LUXAR anti-reflective coating on the opposite side of all our beamsplitter glass sheets.
beamsplitter (monolithic glass): 70/30%; 50/50%
light transmission (coated side): 70%, 50%
light reflexion (coated side): 30%; 50%
- Dual view: reflection and transmission of light
- Two degrees of light transmission and reflection available
- True-to-source color of both reflected and transmitted light
- Versatile design material, both for interior and exterior applications
- Coatings offer high durability and abrasion resistance in accordance with ISO standards
- Weatherproof and extremely low levels of absorption
- Supplied with protective film
Find more information on http://www.luxar.ch/en/products/beamsplitter-glass/.
Customized beamsplitters are available upon request.
Beamsplitter glass is a popular design material for applications where a high level of light transmission is required and where a mirror effect is essential. The best-known example is the teleprompter, which reflects the text displayed by a monitor using a two-way mirror positioned in front of the camera lens. Thanks to the two-way mirror’s transparency, camera operation is not affected.
- broadcasting equipment (teleprompters)
- measuring instruments
- laser equipment
- interior design and exterior architecture